Tis’ the Season to Prepare for the advent of Christ’s birth. Advent starts November 27th this year. It is time to order the Jesse Tree Advent Devotional and Lapbook kit. This is a super fun way to prepare your families’ hearts for Christmas.
What does it look like in our house: We add Christmas lights in the dinning room along with the candles and often have special desserts (especially on Sundays). Our kids love advent! At dinner we turn off the regular lights, light the candles, read the Bible and devotional (included), put an ornament on the tree (included), and sing our favorite Christmas songs. The kids love to blow-out the candles. Your kids will love this tradition, and you will love that they are excited about the real advent of Christmas. They will know that Christmas is Jesus’ birthday and have a lot of fun doing it.
Some extra ideas to add to the celebration:
- Donate something each night
- Make special meals like red and green dinner (everything is red and green)
- Shepherd’s Night (I’ll explain on a future post.)
- Christmas Cards (decide who, sign and stuff, address…sprinkle it though out the week)
- volunteer at a food bank
- Creative Sundays on Sunday (SOS: make your own ice cream sunday)
- Christmas Cookie decorating
- Make Christmas presents for the animals (i.e. pinecone bird feeder)
- Make cookies for a widow/someone lonely) you know and go visit
- Go Stealth Elfing!